One of my goals for the New Year is to be better about academic blogging in 2018. I should have plenty to blog about, as I get into my orals reading and continue carrying research for the dissertation.
Here is a list of some of the most interesting books I read in 2017, not in any particular order. Wild readings to say the least.
- William E. Wallace – Michelangelo at San Lorenzo: The Genius as Entrepreneur
- Anthony Blunt – Borromini
- Karsten Harries – The Bavarian Rococo Church
- Jürgen Habermas – Theory of Communicative Action, Vol. I
- Manfredo Tafuri – Architecture and Utopia: Design and Capitalist Development
- Angel Rama – La Ciudad Letrada
- Franco Moretti – The Bourgeois: Between History and Literature
- Keller Easterling – Organization Space
- Niklas Luhmann – Theory of Society, vol. I
- Manfredo Tafuri – Interpreting the Renaissance